Go forth and view the trailer for yourselves here, if need be (all screengrabs via).
IRON MAN ARMOR DAMAGED
- Armor gets screwed up and damaged and needs to be dragged along in the snow by Tony.
- Is this post-Stark-pad gets blown up? Or a totally separate sequence of events?
- How many times does IM-armors get damaged? Hopefully not too many too often a times, otherwise tis milking the cow here, innit? IMHO, anyways :p
MEANWHILE DOWN AT THE STARK WORSHOP/ARMORY
- Gratuitous shots of Star testing out Extremis and his new armor.
- Stark looks uber-fit, doesn't he? Kudos, custome-department! (I hate you for looking so good at your age, Downey Jr)
- You know that one-gloved-Iron Man armor-hand would become an eventual toy, right? Tell me I;m wrong here, folks!
- Stark emotes his desire to protect his loved one (aka "Potts"), foreshadowing her eventual kidnap and hostage - obvious plot, much?
- Stars Ben Kingsley. And is not an oriental. Marvel's Kevin Feige says he is an "International".
- The Mandarin's elaborate costume includes a hood/cowl.
- The Mandarin sport a tattoo at the nap of his neck, most probably of the "Ten Rings" (my speculation, because that would be cool)
- The Mandarin wears his rings in one sequence, and none in another - while cocking a pistol instead. I am thankful the rings do not have "powers" like the comicbook though. Save that stuff for "Avengers 2" cosmic powers etc
- Exotic locale where disintegrated humans' mark remains on the wall (ala Atom Bomb effects in Hiroshima)
- Stark undergoes surgery, with acupuncture needles still stuck on his body (is that even possible?)
- Pepper Potts becomes a hostage. Never had a shred of a doubt she eventually will be.
- What I had initially thought to be Iron Man flying off to battle other rogue Iron Man armors, turned out to be an ariel rescue. My enthusiasm got the better of me, and I should have known there must be a sequence where the value of Iron Man in "society" needs to be shown (versus the obvious Military application with "Iron Patriot").
INTRODUCING IRON PATRIOT
- Flashy entrance and introduction to the world, no doubt due to stolen tech from Mark 2 and a combination of War Machine (hence the mini-gun) and the more mobile suit seen.
- Iron Patriot roughing someone up in a board/meeting room? Has he gone "rogue"? We never did see a clash between IP and IM, yet, do we? Heh.
- Quick single flash of the African-American brother-man, looking dangerously like the sole token AA-dude in this flick, doesn't he? And he "stole" a Mark 2 in "Iron Man 2" too?
- There isn't even a "token-Oriental" to back him up - they made the Mandarin an "International", remember? LOL
IRON MAN ARMOR PROBLEMS
- Stalking Pepper while she's sleeping? (Result of Tony's dreamscape controlling the armor?)
- Armor against it's master? Stark, mate, I think your armor's getting out of control here!
IRON MAN ARMORY GETS BLOWN TO BITS
- So he switches off the glowy-lights at night? Who would've thought that Stark would be an energy-saver!
- I bet the red+gold armor comes back at the end of the day to save the day! muahahahaha
STARK PAD GETS BLOWN TO BITS
- Dude doesn't get a break does he?
- From the helicopter's make and markings, this seems not to be a Government / Military-strike.
- I love it that even Stark's armor could't save him, and drags him to the depths of the ocean. Perhaps a story-device for him to "upgrade" eventually … so say, outer-space survival capabilities? Heh.
So are YOU ready for IRON MAN 3 in May 3rd, 2012?
Disclaimer: This is not the full sequence of the trailer shown or featured here.